Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 61: Happy New Year

Everything in moderation, cupcakes sparingly ; ]
I made these cute cupcakes with a kit I found at Marshall's. Aren't they adorable? Over the holiday season, I got a new SLR camera which I can't wait to use. Hopefully I can take some really good after photos once I reach my goal of 125 lbs!

With a new year, means new goals and dreams. I know I CAN do it...but I've been thinking that it might be a good idea to enlist a personal trainer to help me with my workouts. Going on the elliptical everyday has become kind of monotonous and it's been difficult for me to break through this plateau of 156 lbs.

My skin keeps breaking out. I don't know why. At 26 yrs old, you'd think that acne would be a thing of the past. It's annoying. I went out to dinner the other night and some guy made a comment about a few pimples I had around my chin. What a nasty bitch!
It's true, we live in a vain world. I won't let that bother me. I'll keep plugging away at my little gym routine and continue working on my bachelors degree at school. There isn't enough time in this world to let jerks try to bring you down because of a few pimples or extra pounds.

Writing my goals of 2011 down in my Molskine journal, AGAIN I write: 125 lbs. The difference? I will be finally after all this time!

So what did I do with these yummy cupcakes? I had TWO and gave the rest away. The rest of my diet has been pretty good. Avoid eating out like the plague and if you do, try to eat half of what you are given.

Alcohol intake can kill a diet. I used to drink nearly a half bottle of my favorite Rioja beside my flat screen LCD every evening. I've gone down to a glass every few days and on the weekends, Kettle One and Soda with slices of lime.

TIPS

Trust me, YOU can do this. If I can lose 20 lbs in two months. You can too! I wasn't even super strict on my diet or anything. It's just slowly incorporating the 'crazy healthy diet' into your life as you go on.

Check it out, all you have to do is make a schedule of approved dinners that are easy to make and rotate around the week. That will help you at least lose your first 20 lbs, forming a routine. That's what you have to do... That is what got me here.

Lunches can be salads with chicken and a little cheese BASALMIC DRESSING - forget that blue cheese ever existed. It's poison. Learn to get used to oil and vinegar. It'll become a staple in your everyday.

Dinners:

A
Salmon & Asparagus
One one baking sheet, lay aluminum foil and asparagus, drizzle with olive oil and sea salt/black pepper
Preheat to 400 degrees, drizzle olive oil over a 1 lb piece of fresh (preferably wild) salmon and sprinkle sea salt/black pepper
Bake 20-25 minutes or until it appears well-done with brownish edges.

B
Stubbs Marinated Chicken
Buy fresh organic chicken breast halves, marinate them by placing the breasts in a biodegradable plastic gallon bag along with the marinate, allow to marinate at least a day.

C
Flank Steak Marinated with Soy Vey and unlimited salad/steamed broccoli
Broil 7 min each side.

Those are a few which you can do EASILY.

No comments:

Post a Comment