Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 87: 146 LBS

Today, I took a leap of faith and enlisted a trainer to help me along my way towards 125 lb bliss. At my local gym, Synergy on Long Island, I met with Lenny Pace today and wow, had I been working out wrong all this time!

My 'core' is SO WEAK. I was doing these exercises called 'the plank' and 'bird-dogs'. I kept collapsing! I couldn't squat to save my life. I kept wanting to put all my weight on my toes but I found out today, you're supposed to put your weight on your heels and keep your back nicely arched.

Because my hips kept collapsing, I did this exercise that looked like something out of a bondage film. I had bands wrapped around my ankles and was squatting and walking like a crab around the gym. It was pretty funny. I could feel muscles in my legs which I didn't know existed.

I'm really out of shape. I mean, really out of shape.

Stats:

Cardio: 40 min elliptical resistance 6
Strength: Active warm-up, lunges, squats, abs, wood-chop.
Weight: 146

Breakfast: Starbucks Coffee black
Lunch: mozzarella string cheese stick and soup
Dinner: Salmon and quinoa

No comments:

Post a Comment