Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 139: 145 lbs 'Life is sweet without wheat.' Yes, but not with a bag of peanut butter cookies!

This weekend, I binge ate. Probably because my school work is stressing me out. Each class I have has assigned these massive papers to write. I can't stand citing references and writing without bias.=] Okay, well the unbiased thing is becoming much easier for me now. Still, there isn't enough hours in my day. I have quite a few projects going on at once and it's hard to remain focused in this digital age. So what did I do? This weekend at Whole Foods, I bought one of those huge flatbread pizzas and ate too much of it. I'm not a dairy person, or a grease person. I definitely set myself back quite a bit.
I hate to waste food. It's such an American thing. I must throw out this bag of delicious peanut butter cookies. Plus my portion sizes are out of whack. Why is it that American grocery stores sell such massive amounts of packaged meats and things? It's difficult to buy for just two people, an appropriate amount of food. I feel very lucky to live in a country where we have choices like this but in Europe, I loved the way of life. I could eat 2x the amount in Europe and lose weight because the food there is different than in the U.S.


Today is a new week and I've decided to dust off the unused Turbofire program I bought last year. Last week at Synergy, I saw a friend from high school who was totally ripped! I was totally happy for him and he boasted about his P90X workouts. He's probably the 3rd person that week to recommend the program to me! Now, personally don't need P90X because my strength routines with PACE Performance have already given me great definition on my body. I just need to melt the fat so it will become VISIBLE!


On Myfitnesspal.com, I also keep hearing about Turbofire. It seems that a lot of ladies lose an intense amount of weight just doing Chalene Johnson's workouts. I know Beachbody is a totally marketed business thing... but I do recall being slim in high school and doing the Power 90 workouts before class. I can't believe that was nearly 10 years ago. The weight just doesn't come off like it used to! Being consistent is hard to do, but they say that weight loss is a journey.

On my website, Meridien Creative, I posted a few of my films/videos if you're interested! The other day, my friend Mike directed a music video for swedish singer Krister Linder here on Long Island. I hadn't seen Krister in awhile. When I arrived on set, he couldn't believe how much weight I had lost and complimented me. It feels great to even gain a few pounds and hear people nice things!

So now, I'm going to try and ditch the elliptical cardio and put my trust in Chalene's Turbofire. I told myself that by summer I'd reach 125 and it's already spring! This weight plateau has been so difficult to get past. My boyfriend insists that it's just a part of the weight-loss journey. Well, I feel like I've been stuck on a layover for weeks! I'm ready to fly into new lands and not sabotage myself because I had plateaued.

I'll do another official weigh-in later today and measure myself.. plus take another before for Turbofire!

No comments:

Post a Comment