Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 121: 140 lbs

My PACE Performance routine is at the point where I can pretty much do a full hour of training on my own now. Yesterday, I did forty minutes of cardio and burned 500 calories on a resistance 8/9. Then later that day, I returned for a training session and did
30 modified burpees, squats, lunges, back lunges, abs, and for the first time in my life: I attempted a pull-up.

I feel like Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2. Everyone who has seen me is blown away from my progress since November. It's a little hard to accept compliments but it's something I'm learning to do.

Today, I stepped on the scale which initially read 139 for a split-second and then stopped at 140. I want to break through to the 130's so badly.

I'm a little worried about some of the loose skin I'm seeing around my stomach area. I only really see it when I push it together. I'm probably just being paranoid about it.

This hasn't just been about losing weight, it's about a complete lifestyle change. I went from sleeping until 11 a.m. to being wide awake and active by 7 a.m. Fast foods, appetizers, and alcoholic beverages are a thing of the past. In replacement, healthy foods, very small snacks, and water has really changed my overall lifestyle.

The supplements I'm taking really help as well. Fish oil, African mango, and a great organic Multivitamin keeps me running smoothly.

Later today, I'm going back to the gym for another round of strength/cardio. I routinely work out at least 5x a week and put lots of effort into each trip.

With my weight loss, I see lots of opportunities and doors opening before me. I'm still technically 15 lbs away from my goal and am determined to get there.

For anyone starting on their own journey and reading this, know that complete and utter surrender is necessary in order for real change to occur. That cliché saying is true, you get what you pay for. Pay your dues and success follows. Fight through the times where you feel like you might pass out or feel like strangling your trainer for making you push harder.

Now that I've become so dedicated to changing my body and life, I'm even becoming involved with helping PACE Performance launch their new web site. Opportunities like this show that if you become completely immersed in change, it will sweep you into new territories you could have never dreamed of.

If you told me back in November that I'd become this dedicated to fitness and health, I'd probably laugh. All that matters is that I'm here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment